CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Myisha The Matriarch

Is all well?

I want to show you my domestic side today. Did you know I'm a matriarch--the wife of a great man, and the mother of our three children? Our daughter's name is Donatella ("given by God") Mavourneen ("my darling") and our twin boys are Ezra ('helper') Mitaire and Amadeus ("lover of God) Emmanuel ("God with us").


I first saw Donatella in a dream when she was approximately 14 months old. On our bed, she playfully grooved to the music as my husband and I prepared to go somewhere. Her soft hair was in three ponytails and she wore a white onesie. You couldn't look too long into her huge brown eyes (slightly lighter than my dad's). You were bound to blush.


Our sons were revealed in a flash of a vision. The sleeping newborns lay in the labor and delivery unit, adorable just the same as their big sister. I'll have pictures for you once they appear on the planet.

Curious what my To Wishin' is for these blessings? It's a hope chest. While at Bed, Bath and Beyond this Saturday with one of my nurturers, I purchased the first entry: this apron which reads Kiss the Cook. With utter delight I announced to the cashier, "This has 'wife' written all over it!"

Brothers and Sisters, a hope chest is a powerful concept. My magnificent musings of matriarchy become more real as I collect items to be used for building a home for me, my husband and our children. For me, there's no higher calling to which I aspire.

Oh to be barefoot and pregnant...ROTFL

0 comments: