CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

To Wishin'

I believe I was 6 years old when I heard Uncle William talking about tuition. He said something like, "Tuition at that school costs an arm and a leg." What I heard was "to wishin.'" I reasoned that in order to go to college one had to pay money towards wishin.' At that age it made sense to invest money as a down payment on one's dreams. Four degrees later, thankfully, I only had to pay tuition for grad school. Yet included in the tuition were no plans for to wishin'. I don't recall being taught to dream and design a life in which they must come to pass.

This year the universe reminded me that I saw it this way. I've since embraced that this is how I'm wired. In many aspects of my life I could come out of an inconvenient or sorrowful place because I put something in front of me to run towards. I set joy before me. I invested in to wishin.' Today I'm living in redemption from childhood sexual abuse (CSA) because I imagined a day when I would be free of shame. I exist, not merely surviving, but thriving because I expect a wonderful marriage to a great man, and to become the matriarch who raises the foundation of many generations!

In the words of Diana Ross, "Do you know where you're going to? Do you like the things that life is showing you? Where are you going to? Do you know?

I wouldn't mind if you called me a To Wishin' expert. It's ok. :) This past year I've devoted long hours to introspection. I sit and wish. I recline and plan. I jog and dream. I spa and write it out. Want me to share my dreams with you? It would be my pleasure. Stay tuned...

I'm for you!
Myisha

0 comments: